Thursday, July 06, 2006

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." Eleanor Roosevelt

This is so true, but I find it extremely tiresome too have to demand what should be mine without the asking. Respect is important in any interchange, and belittling is disrespectful. Try to make me feel small, so you can seem taller, and I will chew your feet off as soon as the shock subsides.
I will not feel less whole just because someone else needs me to react in a certain way to feel complete. I will not fragment myself to glue someone else together. If you need a hand up... I will reach out without hesitation. If you need a step ladder... they sell them at the hardware store... so please keep your dirty shoes off my throat. I have placed control in other hands, but I learned some brutal lessons that help keep me much safer from footsteps of the brutal kind.
Any power given freely can be recalled in the same fashion at any time. Nobody else has control of what you take to heart. Fools speak more often and much louder than the wise. Volume in measure or acoustics does not signal that what is said is valid. Truly speaking, the opposite is true; screamed words or endless sentences are mostly fierce posturing by a weak individual. Nine times out of ten it is only hot air, blown for their agenda and has less to do with you than they ever wish you to realize. Puzzle that out and disarm them instantly. True power belongs in the hands of each individual to play whichever role we choose. If I am weak it is because I allow myself to be so, and when I tire of any jabbing by the clueless, I simply grab their pointer and break it over my will to survive.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT