Monday, June 05, 2006

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.
Vaclav Havel (b. 1936)

It would be so much tidier if only things that made perfect sense came true. Less people would die, because all senseless deaths would be impossible. Relationships would be lifelong, because the right people would recognize each other, for all the right reasons. Pointless existencess couldn't occur, because everyone would have hope and that keeps us humans striving when the chips are down. The hope for a better tomorrow is a powerful tool to get you through a less than perfect today.

I could keep going on endlessly with examples, but that in itself would be pointless. I 'spect ya got the idea, and are turning it over in your own mind by this point. Life is not that way, and never will be. But...hope makes it worth the effort, and sometimes when we're very lucky or very determined our hopes do come true. Mine have often enough for me to gladly cling to them when I have nothing else to keep me afloat.

I'm optimistic by nature as well as design. To not think the best is possible is to guarantee it'll never happen. We defeat ourselves inside our minds first then it just radiates outward. I've watched enough people create the very things they fear by actions that could be easily avoided, to know that some thrive only on misfortune and all its many negative layers. I'll never follow their lead, no matter what happens to me good or bad.

Give me hope and I'll struggle onward. One grain of hope can divert a raging river of trouble. One gust of hope can send you soaring over any obstacle no matter its height. One glimmer of hope can light the way through even the darkest tunnel. If you don't possess any then pretend that you do and soon you will. I pray that there is enough of it laying around inside the peaceful boundaries of Sisterhood Support to give at least a small dose to all who visit here.

THINK ABOUT IT... LET IT RIDE... THEN YOU DECIDE!!!

© GLENDA ALEXANDER