Tuesday, June 06, 2006

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering."
Saint Augustine

The first fifty years of my life were spent in a mostly stationary location, although I've traveled many miles since that time, for that I'm grateful. The trips I've taken are important, but without the one I took at forty none of them would've occurred. The most profound journey of my lifetime began on my fortieth birthday, and I don't expect it to end anytime before I do. It's led me to profound discoveries about life in general and about myself in particular.

I'd passed myself by, lost myself entirely, and sold myself short for all those years before my awakening. Every day since I've tried to stay alert to what's going on inside of my secret garden and why, not for simple curiosities sake, but for the sake of the survival of self. I don't travel in any perfect fashion; mistakes are a common human condition, and I'm all too human. I journey with determination to get the most good out of every step, and that's the best I can do.

Travel by all means, if you've got the chance, but visit the most important place on earth once and a while too. The secrets you reveal, the treasures you'll find make for a much richer life, no matter what your circumstances. Lighten your baggage whenever possible. Slow your steps to absorb the scenery inside then alter what offends your eye. Walk with pride where it's safe to be whomever you really are then ease that person into the real world. Listen to the drummer deep inside, balance lightly on the balls of your feet then dance to the tune only you can hear.

THINK ABOUT IT... LET IT RIDE...THEN YOU DECIDE!!!

© GLENDA ALEXANDER