Sunday, June 04, 2006

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."
Beverly Sills

There are no guarantees in life; any attempt at anything has a measure of risk to it, but no attempt at all is a sure way of spending your life running in place. I know disappointment well. Sometimes it seems very fond of spending time with me, visiting often dressed in different costumes, but always wearing the same tired old frown. I never invite it to linger, knowing well its longing to take over any territory that it inhabits for longer than a passing moment or two.

I am not frightened by the possibility of failure, it is as much a part of life as rainy days. I am not put off by the thought of landing on my face in the dust, because even if I do fall I will not linger long in that prone position. Getting back up and moving on is an exercise I seem to have a talent for, it must be the practice makes perfect rule of thumb that keeps my jumping up muscles strong. I may wish I did not have to use the talent so often, but I am thankful to possess it when I am making use of its healing properties.

I try because I must, so many wasted years gives me much less time to squander than most people possess. I attempt my hearts desires, because a satisfying life will not just land on my doorstep by chance. Really living takes action. Standing still for too long simply makes it all the harder to move forward, so I struggle on lest I grow roots where I am and miss out altogether where I could be with just a bit of effort.

THINK ABOUT IT... LET IT GROW... THEN YOU DECIDE!!!

© GLENDA ALEXANDER