Sunday, April 30, 2006

We Grow Old

TODAY'S QUOTE:
We grow old as soon as we cease to love and trust.
Madame de Choiseul

The reasons to suspend trust and forsake the quest for love are often overwhelming. I know this from first hand experience. There is nothing quite as painful as a broken heart, but there is nothing quite as joyful as real love. The fear of ending with heartache should make us more careful, yet to allow it to stop us from the attempt altogether is a total waste of a precious organ.
If I had given up long ago, I would have been hurt less often. I am also certain that I would be old and bitter like so many who stop trying long before they reach fulfillment. I would be safe from pain, yet a slave to loneliness. I would have more money, but be poorer by far.
I would be little better than the ones who have wounded me with such deliberate force. I would be an eternal victim to egos who only feed upon the pain they cause others. I would be hard-aged instead of ageless. I would not be me and I would rather be viewed as naive if that is the cost of believing that I am worth loving than simply accepting their estimation that I must pay an extra high price for love that never was worthy of the cost they demanded.
The defect has to belong to them and the price they pay is the loss of my love and trust, not the loss of my belief in its existence. Just because there is no water to be found in one location does not mean that all the earth is water-free and the same can be said for people.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT