Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fears Path

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Frank Herbert

This quote is deeply stated and impossible to deny. I must not fear, yet I do. We all fear something, some of us fear many things, and a few fear most everything. In all its forms it cripples in ways nothing else ever will. Feeling it is mandatory, embracing it is voluntary, and the lessons that go into learning the difference between validation and saturation are brutal.
Fear is like a knife that only you have control of, either point it outward and let it clear a path or wave it all around and wound yourself. I choose to point it elsewhere. I face it outward from a wall of determination to really live and it propels me forward. I face it head on when necessary to overstep a stumbling block. I may tremble from head-to-toe all through the exercise of exorcism. I may even continue trembling for a time after I am done with the doing of whatever I feared, but so what if I do? I think dying of fright is unlikely.
I know people who barely live because of the restrictions it places upon them, but they do not seem to struggle much. I suppose they feel safe behind the walls it inspires, yet I thank God every day that I only felt trapped. It isolates us from everything if allowed. It holds us hostage when we let it control our actions or the lack thereof. It steals a life more quickly and completely than anything else. Why load the thiefs get away car with the only real treasures we ever truly possess?

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT