Monday, May 01, 2006

Two Great Gifts

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Life offers two great gifts: time and the ability to choose how we spend it. Planning is a process of choosing among those many options. If we do not choose to plan, then we choose to have others plan for us.
Richard I. Winwood

The art of planning is SO important to master; truly if we do not our life is never truly our own. The ability to ride the crest of opportunity is a wonderful thing as well, but without setting your feet on a path of your own choosing it is too much like a crap shoot to be comfortable.
I moved through the first 40 years of my life like a sleepwalker. I was directed first here then there by the people I loved, but it was rarely where I really wanted to go. Words of protest got stuck behind the wall that surrounded me. To speak would have risked their displeasure and lost me my place in their hearts. I THOUGHT!!!
Keeping quiet earned me nothing, certainly not love, and most certainly not any measure of respect. Puppets are played with then put back on the shelf. They are viewed as empty inside, but I was far from empty. I over-flowed with things that nobody knew of and nobody really understood, least of all myself.
Then I awoke!!! Every moment since then has been fully lived. Not always wisely, but always with determination to get something out of it. The bad gave just as much as the good. Brutal times make us examine things in a closer way. When I looked deep I realized that my life was just a shadow walk and I have been determined to light my path with the truth every since October 30, 1993.
Some truths have been ugly, some beautiful, but all have been my own. So use the time you have wisely, both good and bad. Learn from all you experience. Cut the puppet strings if you have them. Really live!!!! I have and have fewer regrets than I used to possess when others moved my feet.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT