Thursday, April 06, 2006

Heart Visions

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart... Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.
Carl Jung

This is so true; awakenings are internal lightning strikes, some smaller than others...but all of major proportion to a persons quality of life. People who sleep walk are unaware of their sad state. Any awakening is from a zombie like state, so should be considered a most joyous occasion no matter what comes next, and come it surely will. In the case of lightning strikes, usually they foretell an approaching storm.
I experienced my first awakening just hours before a stormy period of exploration began, in a marriage that had been little more than a dictatorship up until that point. I went through countless changes upon impact then more followed at a steady pace and are still occurring to this day so many years later.
The feeling of electricity remains, I very rarely forget how alive I am. Other wake up calls have been answered, some most unpleasant in nature and sensation, but I always rejoice in the fact that I am awake at all. My heart has been broken, yet my belief in myself remains untarnished. I am no better or worse than most people, but I am more aware of my moving internal parts than most people I meet.
I recommend turning inward and watching for lightning strikes. I shudder to think of what shape I would be in now without the first bolt-upright moment of awareness I experienced in 1993. I still have miles to go on the road it set me upon, but I welcome every step. Some days I feel every breath I take; however you look at it that is priceless, no matter the cost to earn the pleasure.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT
THE SISTERHOOD