Saturday, February 04, 2006

A Happy Attitude

TODAY'S QUOTE:
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
Hugh Downs

This is true, and today I am exercising my right to be happy even if some would wish I were otherwise. Mind control is often difficult, especially when every human life abounds with voices clamoring to be heard. Too many voices just makes for confusion and chaos. I lost my balance trying to placate the crowd around me and it has taken me some time to readjust.
I learned long ago that a deep cut will heal with gentle tending and a soul wound can be repaired in the same way. Simply pick at it and it will never do more than bleed upon demand. Allow others to pick at it and the same result occurs. Putting your happiness or unhappiness at the doorstep of anyone else never solves anything.
All the work done here is at a blooming stage. The past revisited has no place beyond showing how to get to the future from there. Old pain still hurts if dwelled upon, but that is a useless road to travel and has no place in what must be done to get past what was.
Each of us has to do whatever our heart tells us it needs to be happy. Listen to your voice first and make it heard by those around you. Considering all sides has to include all, your portion is just as important as anyone else's. A happier attitude is worth the effort, no matter what your situation. Positive energy comes from the positive places inside of you, tap them whenever possible.
My mad dash to catch up with posts left undone while I was absent has been abandoned, but I will reload the quotes missed on the calendar and in that way they will be taken care of. Any problem has more than one solution, and reducing pressure at this point is vital to my achieving peace of mind enough to do what needs done here.
THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE