Sunday, February 05, 2006

Your Thought Path

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives."
Henry David Thoreau

This is where I stand now, both physically and mentally. Measured steps will get me where I plan to go on both levels. I spent today from 8am on doing what I love most and the time seems only minutes long, although it is 6pm now. I will keep working until my mind demands I stop and walk away satisfied with every moment given to something so well loved. When you are doing what is natural you do not need to direct your thoughts, because they direct you without seeming to.
Negative thoughts can direct also, but never really lead anywhere worth going. Any I ponder always head straight to a dark dead-end, and so I channel them away whenever possible. Imaginings are always worse than reality, making it saner to wait for whatever is than invent what could be.
What lingers over-long inside an active mind soon takes root. Plodding, mechanical footsteps traveling back and forth over the same terrain soon dig a path that quickly becomes a rut if we do not pay attention and move past the places we have left our mark upon. Give positive the point position in your mind and under your feet. Then where you end up will be worth the visit and what fills your mind will be worthy of the setting.

THING ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE