Saturday, December 03, 2005

Genuine Interest

TODAY'S QUOTE:
One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else.
Eleanor Roosevelt US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

The path that led here taught me this quotes lesson well. I started writing, beyond the poetry stage, days after my awakening in 1993. In the process of opening my eyes I noticed the pattern of my footsteps and was driven to record them for my own clarity.
The abuse that went on before, its ending, my friends murder and her husbands suicide, Jerry's illness and death, it all fueled my drive to write.
Writing gave me things to study, territories to conquer, like this computer and internet issues that were far above my knowledge. I struggled past one obstacle just to run into the next, but they all linked in a chain and connected enough for my steps toward knowledge to seem completely natural.
As long as I feel my dream evolving I am willing to learn whatever I need to further its promise. To leave it stationary seems unnatural, somehow. It can no more stand in place than I can, and since it is part of me where I go it will follow and I will grant it the same license.
This is just a small part of a bigger picture. But it is the heart and soul. I finally finished the novel writing course I started using a full first draft already done. The input I received all along and suggestions given and utilized will be invaluable to the rewrites I will soon begin. It is just another link in a long chain that I hope never breaks.
Find something that peaks your interest, give it your all and let it produce what links it will for you to follow to more and more and more.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE