Sunday, November 27, 2005

Paint Your Canvas

TODAY'S QUOTE:
With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.
Oprah Winfrey


Creating your own painting with vivid color is just as simple as it is complex. But before you begin you have to possess a clean canvas. If any other hands have slapped paint carelessly you must remove it completely before beginning to place your true colors there.
I am in the process of painting a new canvas. It will be the second one I have done since my awakening and it is breathtakingly beautiful, made bright with colors I never imagined existed when I painted my first. The old one hangs in a gallery dedicated to past triumphs, within eye view as a remainder of how far I have come since the days when I simply held it out and invited others to define its style.
How large a surface I have this time matters not as much as the hues chosen to cover it. Time is the canvas edge; this fact is certain, pondering it only shrinks its boarders without adding anything to its quality. So I hold the brush with attitude, using gentle strokes and bold. And dip in every color that takes my fancy, as I paint a portrait of hope.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE