Saturday, November 26, 2005

Be There

TODAY'S QUOTE:
If you're here for four more years or four more weeks, you're here right now. I think when you're somewhere, you ought to be there. It's not about how long you stay in a place, it's about what you do while you're there, when you go, is that place any better for your having been there?
Karen Hall Jerry Stahl,
Northern Exposure,
Soapy Serson, 1990


The length of time your energy intertwines with a place or a person is secondary. Any intense touch will linger long after you move on. Positive or negative, the choice is yours but the echo you leave is capable of inspiring good or bad, according to how its planted and why.
I have found old shadows, forgotten and hidden that came from the hand of a man that has been dead for over two years. Most of what I struggle with now was planted long ago when I was a different person entirely. Finding it is a painful thing, dealing with it is empowering. Negatives left behind are still negative in the extreme, yet produce positives inside of me as I rid myself of their shadow.
When I leave anywhere, I seek to gift that space with vibrations so positive that whatever good I began does not depend upon my presence to keep growing. I am offended when others stomp through my territory and drop debris as they travel on. Picking up someone else's mess is always such a trial.
Consider as you go; do not just spew through life, leaving chaos behind for someone to deal with years after you cross their path. Think before you speak, the cost of your words may be much dearer than you realize. Be where you are, or go where you can be who you are without struggle. That's my plan.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE