Sunday, August 14, 2005

Wisdom Made

TODAY'S QUOTE:
We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950

Past lessons learned, comprise the most important items brought forward on the journey into the future. Without those as a guide, finding direction would be much more difficult, but dwelling on how those lessons are learned only gives old agony a pocket to climb into and ferment. Old grudges make potent poison that pollutes everything it touches.
Things you refuse to let go of slow progress, more weight to move from place to place makes settling for where you are a much more tempting urge. Loading the gun that shots you just makes no sense, at all. When my baggage gets too heavy I unpack what I can then rearrange what remains to even out the weight.
I pray that life always grants me enough wisdom to avoid lingering over-long in places that offer me no future above what I possess today. Wisdom made, is wisdom earned and the final pay off ought to be, at the very least, a life worth the living.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE