Monday, August 15, 2005

Muddy Hands

TODAY'S QUOTE:
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.
Leo Burnett, 1891-1971, American Advertising Executive

Reaching out to something bigger than self brings a joy like no other, but also contains emotions of much heavier weight. I have experienced them all in many different forms and doses. Just lately, I reached a point of almost total surrender, but today I had proof that my words here matter very much to someone besides myself. One voice gave me hope that what I intend with this space is a reality.
I know I have no choice; walking to a different drummer is the product of my temperament and life experiences. I have been flawed and strengthened, walking wounded with attitude is just how I get from place to place now. I reach boldly at times, with trembling hands at others, but I never drop my hand completely.
Life makes so many demands, we do a lot of things out of habit or duty or force. Reaching is something we can do for ourselves that benefits everything we touch. A handful of star dust is what we come up with even if we never fully capture the star itself. And how magical is that?

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE