Monday, August 08, 2005

Strength Of Purpose

TODAY'S QUOTE:
The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don't like to do. They don't like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.
E.M. Gray

Successful people do not necessarily have more brains than other people, but they often have more stamina. It is the one who refuses to give up who wins the race. And nobody is more driven to succeed than someone with strength of purpose. To feel as if what you are doing really matters is potent fuel to keep a person going long after others give up.
The amount of success is equal to the size of the commitment given. Giving up because it is too hard is almost impossible to do when you imagine that to try just once more might be all it takes. I know that formula intimately, it often plagues my mind when I wish it would just shut up and let me be.
I am no rocket scientist, yet even I understand that to fail because I refused to try will make me a voluntary loser. I know I will fail at some things, but failing to attempt at all will not be one of them.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE