Friday, August 26, 2005

The Next Step

TODAY'S QUOTE:
He who stops completely before taking the next step will spend a lifetime standing on one leg.
Chinese Proverb

The urge to stop moving forward is often overpowering in its intensity. We come to a comfort zone and settle for that as plenty good enough, or we get too hopeless to attempt an escape from a sticky situation and just quit trying all together. Both are products of human nature, reactions to life to be expected and overcome if a full life is something you crave.
Stopping dead in my tracks, or balancing on one foot are not poses I plan on adopting. Standing still is no stranger to me. Twenty years frozen is plenty of time donated to a lost cause. I spent time and energy clearing my path, resting in place simply is not a possibility, Once the road is open the only sane thing to do is to move forward before something or someone clutters your landscape.
I have often taken detours, just to avoid pausing in my movement. Any onward motion matters, even the sidesteps taken to keep momentum. One essential demand of freedom is willingness to fight for its blessing, by defending its borders. Limiting your borders to the zone of most comfort steals some of the delight from freedom, cheapening it in the process. You are free to stand on one foot, but I am dedicated to both feet stepping down this chosen path.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR FLASH MOVIE
(COMFORT ZONE)