Saturday, August 27, 2005

Advice Is

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
Erica Jong

This is true enough to be kinda sad. It shows how humans often know better yet pay little attention to their knowledge when it suits their fancy. I am guilty enough of that to admit it, although I rarely seek advice. I overdosed on unasked for censure, years ago, so asking for more is something I avoid whenever possible.
But when I do ask that quote almost always proves true. Words said by another most times echo ones I have already said to myself. I could be tempted by that to believe what I know already to be fact, yet in a way that quote reminds me to listen better to my own voice. The things known soul deep need no outside validation. And too many voices just give more to ignore when necessary, and double the I told you so's afterward.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE