Sunday, August 21, 2005

Come Alive

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
Howard Thurman

This quote makes me smile and nod. I was a dead woman walking, until I came alive to the things that make me happy. A life spent trying to please others only tied me in knots that strangled my soul. Measuring up to someone else's standards is an impossible fete, better to please yourself and let that be the measure to go by.
Choosing a path worth walking on is exciting if you have always walked where commanded by others. Finding something to give back is worth the effort. Coming alive is a rebirth we are all privy to, no matter our age or situation.
Each step after you find your special path is joyful, even the hard ones are special. I am still evolving, in an active way, and refuse to go back to the way I used to be. There is a magic music that echoes from the footsteps taken down a path of your own choosing. I dance to my own drummer, but never at a total disregard for the feelings of others. I just refuse to let pointing fingers direct my every action.


THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE