Friday, June 10, 2005

The Human Part

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.
Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

If to err is human, I have been very human indeed. Most mistakes have taught me some important lesson I learned soul deep. Others are still on the repeat until I overcome it mode that plagues us one and all. I am no more immune to the danger of blunder than anyone else.
In youth we do not think forward past the moment as often as we should. In adulthood we think backward too much. Reaching a place were you look both ways before stepping off the curb means that you can avoid most mishaps. I am closer to that spot than ever in my lifetime, but I am still far from where I hope to be someday. And the effort necessary seems a good investment if it keeps me from being flattened by the same bus that hit me last time I traveled this road.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE
TO VISIT MY WEBSITE