Saturday, June 11, 2005

Healing Music

TODAY'S QUOTE:
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.
George Eliot English novelist (1819 - 1880)

Music demands interaction, not letting you stay immune to its touch. Some songs invade your mind, others go much deeper. Music speaks to us all, from the tone deaf to the totally deaf who respond to its rhythmic vibrations. It takes each of us to different highs and follows us to even our deepest lows.
Music is a gift and the enjoyment is universal. God in all his wisdom gave us a universal language that transcends class and custom. To know a peoples music is to glimpse a peoples history because in music as in no other venue the roots of the past extend to the reality of today.
I listen to Celtic music, and Native American flute music. I am neither, but the haunting beauty of both soothes my soul as nothing else will. I listen to oldies that echo of the summers of my youth. I listen to blues. I listen to new artists, not willing to miss out on any possibility for the special joy that music brings. I listen, and I respond. My soul know many dances and glories in them all.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE
TO VISIT MY WEBSITE