Thursday, June 09, 2005

Sand Mansions

TODAY'S QUOTE:
All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon sand.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox, O Magazine, February 2004

Years ago, I had reason to study the vast differences between how same sex friends and couples communicate with one another. After careful consideration I decided to make my mate a real friend. It just made no sense to live side-by-side with someone who knew less about who I really was than my best friend did. He did not replace my best female friend, but he did become the best friend I had ever had.
I demanded from him the same treatment I received from my other friends and I gave as good or better than I got. Allowing him all the way inside fostered a trust and he gifted me with equal access to parts of him he had kept hidden for twenty years. The investment was costly, but the pay off was priceless.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT MY WEBSITE