Sunday, June 12, 2005

Trouble In Work Clothes

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Trouble is only opportunity in work clothes. Henry J. Kaiser, industrialist (1882 - 1967)

Well, that quote could not have come at a more apt time. Trouble is hard at work in my life right now, work clothes soiled from long hours of slinging shit here and there. The end of the tunnel is within sight and I think I can stay afloat until tomorrow. With any luck the agony of all will be just repayment for a better life for my daughter and 6 of my grandsons. It will give her the opportunity to rebuild on her own terms, in any case.
She tried hard not to be a bother. The kids were good, and only one medical emergency occurred in the time they stayed here. But with as many as 10 people living in a two bedroom mobile home it was bound to grate on everyone's nerves, which it did. And late night phone calls from inebriated hostile people was a straw that almost broke this camels back last night.
I think it is a sad fact that humans torture one another in such asinine ways. Pestering and prodding a dead horse will not cause it to rise to its feet. Spite irritates the victim, but eats alive the one who acts at its command. Drama is a mean diet and will leave you twisted and bitter. Humans can be such brutal creatures. You may not agree, but that is my opinion for whoever cares.
Stay out of other peoples business, unless invited to share, is the creed I live by. If I dislike you I do not share space, even in my brain. And when faced with drunken hostility in the middle of the night it is best to seem calm, even if you are not. Adding to the insanity of the moment would only have elevated it to heights beyond my control.
Trouble makes you stronger. Trouble shouldered for others must earn extra muscle. I certainly view this trouble as opportunity in disguise. Mercy gifted to a family, and forgiveness to a man who seems to seek change might alter many lives. But if you begin a similar journey, turning off your phones at night is highly recommended.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE
TO VISIT MY WEBSITE