Thursday, June 02, 2005

Harmony

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
Magatma Gandhi Indian ascetic & nationalist leader (1869 - 1948)

There is such truth in these words. I believe a lot of us over complicate things, looking for complex answers when it is most often a simple one that will resolve whatever situation we are in. And simplifying things should always start internally for the best possible outcome.
Happiness that comes from internal balance is like an island where nothing dangerous can devour if you stay centered there. Darkness may fall, storms may rage, sharks may circle, but if you stand firm nothing will destroy land you own. The power of self is not something you give over to others to manipulate.
I once made that mistake and suffered for twenty years because of expectations that someone else would fill all the empty spaces inside of me. That mistake was much more my fault than his. I repaired it, and now I spend time telling others the truths I discovered on my journey, so that all those years are more than wasted time.
I utilize images to strengthen my resolve to accomplish things. Viewing balance in that light brings up the image of a tight rope walker. When that feat is first learned the rope is very close to the ground to insure safety, poles are used to make balancing easier. Practice makes perfect in all things attempted, and balance takes a lot to get it just right.
Start with small steps, keep close to the ground, use whatever tools necessary, find your balance, capture your island, stay centered there and true happiness will be your certain reward.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE