Monday, May 02, 2005

The Way You Carry Things

TODAY'S QUOTE:
It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.
Lena Horne, American Singer and Actress

Do you hug burdens lover tight? Do you let your issues and problems define who you are? Do you allow other people to place their garbage into the trunk you carry? Do you fret about facts that you have no power to change? Do not panic if any of the do you's listed are traits you possess!
Burdens are not lovers. Some can be solved, some cannot, but loving them enough to embrace them gives them an importance that they do not deserve. Adjust them for easier carrying, if they are ones you have to tote around (ill health and such issues, or widowhood as is my unsolvable burden), but getting past things demands a measure of letting go.
I am a widow, yet that is just a tiny portion of who I am. It defines such a small part of the whole. It is what happened to me, not something I chose. It is a fact I cannot change. I am it, it is not me, if you can understand that in my case, use it to get better understanding of your own unique situation.
I pack my own trunk nowadays, but I clearly remember how effortless it was for other people to shove it full of shit when I was too overwhelmed to fight it. Once you focus on that it is easy to say no to special deliveries. Make other people deal with there own demons, so your trunk stays empty enough to hold the treasures you choose to fill it with. And treasures are no burden to carry, they lighten the load in ways that will surprise you.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR FLASH MOVIE
(CHANGING THE WORLD)