Sunday, May 01, 2005

Mind Over Matter

TODAY'S QUOTE:
The mind has exactly the same power as the hands; not merely to grasp the world, but to change it.
Colin Wilson, English Author

I used to think that I had no choice, except to live the life I was handed, but I learned that what we are handed is only a small part of the puzzle, unless we make more of it than it needs to be. I thought I had no influence over the outcome of things. I thought how I felt was unimportant. I thought I was impotent, doomed to just drift along, constantly being pulled under by forces of life and love. I thought wrong!!!!!
Waking up to reality convinced me that one person can change the world. Maybe not the world at large, but certainly the world they touch. I know it is possible, because I have experienced it firsthand. It was only my own thoughts that kept me in that place where I had no influence over my own happiness. Once I let go of all the thoughts telling me I could not, things changed.
Changing the world at large is much more complicated. That takes reach. I am reaching here, to encourage all who read my words. Changing the world you live in is worth the bother, giving up is saying that what you possess is good enough. Few of us can say that and really mean it. I certainly cannot. And I never will! If enough of us change the negatives surrounding us, the change to the world at large will be evident.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE