Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Making Friends With Fear

TODAY'S QUOTE:
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation.
Peter McWilliams-Life 101

Journey's End has always used negatives in positive ways, my pain and the healing of it is here to give hope to people facing the same battles. Your opponent may be different from the ones I have faced, but the mindset needed to win is identical. The sumtotal of your battles is the measure of your life. And the joy of being in real control of your final score is well-worth the struggle of recapturing the power position in your own life.
Painful and scary situations demand much from us, yet what they give back is precious. Realizing that you have the power inside to survive whatever you face gives you the ability to thrive afterwards. Use the special tools that fear gifts you with, without letting the fear stop you from achieving all you can, if you only try.
On these pages I walk side-by-side with you, inside this home I do so in real time. I had to leave one path to get on this one. I used to inch along alone, but now I travel beside whoever needs me at the speed of their footsteps through terrain I know well. I share my map, yet encourage you to draw one of your own. And as I watch healing occur I am healed as well. My pain and fear, in saving others some, is validated in a way that turns a negative into a positive, and that is the nucleus of Journey's End and the birthright of Our Journey's End.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE