Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Soul Ulcers

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Envy is the ulcer of the soul.
Socrates Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

Envy, a cancer that eats everything in its path. Jealousy, a monster that destroys from the inside out. Greed, a insatiable taskmaster. The hardest part about feeling these emotions is the effort it takes to rid yourself of the shadow they leave behind. They gain you nothing, yet cost more than any man ought to be willing to pay.
Spite is a child of envy. And revenge is too. Regret is the by product of any action taken with those childish intentions. I never stoop to their level, because I have watched so many others act in haste and regret at their leisure. And I for one have a lot better uses for my spare time.
I played catch up today, getting yesterdays post done and today's too. Now I am going to try to install DSL so that tomorrow my tasks will take less time and my phone line will be free as well.
I ask everyone to consider my request for volunteers to do a help page for their location. Check out Alan's page at http://alansorbit.blogspot.com/ to view an example for the United Kingdom that is linked to this site. I need help from all over the globe, so anyone that is interested please contact me at hannah@ourjourneysend.com. Join our family and lend a hand to this endeavor. All it will cost is the time it takes to gather information and post it on a blog set up for all members. I will gladly help any and all that wish to participate.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE