Monday, May 30, 2005

A Thick Life

TODAY'S QUOTE:
It is only by following your deepest instinct that you can lead a rich life, and if you let your fear of consequence prevent you from following your deepest instinct, then your life will be safe, expedient and thin.
Katharine Butler Hathaway

I wake up every day with a built in need to super-size my moments, making even the smallest nibble of life a rich and satisfying meal. My notion of where that need began is from all the years when my life was mostly made up of times that needed no enlargement to be huge in their heartache. Having so few thick moments made me appreciate even the tiniest of pleasures. Agony overdosing did not jade my view of life in general, which is a miracle in itself, but it did teach me to art of attitude self-adjustment.
Attitude is everything. Without direction a person does no more than knee-jerk through agonies. I cannot testify for you, but if I am free-wheeling through disaster it will be because I was knocked unconscious, not because I threw my hands up in defeat, giving more suffering than is demanded is asinine in my estimation.
Some situations give you no choice, except to grab your socks and hold on for dear life. Panic makes the unchangeable even larger and more vivid in its intensity. The only way to put things in sane order is to alter your attitude whenever necessary, like loosening or tightening your belt, whichever is needed at any given moment to keep your ass from showing.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR FLASH MOVIE
(ATTITUDES)