Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Delightful Day

TODAY'S QUOTE:
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa Indian humanitarian & missionary (1910 - 1997)

Well, today was delightful. All four of my children were in my home, together for the first time since Christmas. Add five grandsons, three dogs, and me to the mix and you have a noisy crowd. I enjoyed it soul-deep and I believe everyone else did too, except the newest puppy, who was confused by it all.
I received a new lawn mower, as an early Mother's Day present. I sighed in relief as one more bothersome detail vanished from my worry list. I helped install a faster modem on this monster. I placed the box, holding all of Jerry's gathered treasures on my dining room table and watched his children divvy it all up with grace. I could see them remembering moments as they unpacked from his trunk and transferred handpicked items to their own.
The large plastic tote is empty now and I feel lighter, somehow. It was finally time to take that step, no tears fell from any eye, and although some items were handled with reverence it was on the whole a very comfortable journey for everyone involved. Stepping into the future with confidence takes a willingness to let go of the past. I hear the echo of his footsteps still, but everything I carry, from that long ago time, is compatible with any life I build for myself now.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE