Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pick Yourself Up

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Every minute you are thinking of evil, you might have been thinking of good instead. Refuse to pander to a morbid interest in your own misdeeds. Pick yourself up, be sorry, shake yourself, and go on again.
Evelyn Underhill

Today I danced! Now I am here, so my whole day overflowed with good thinking, followed by soothing actions. I am exhausted in such a healthy way. I had forgotten how wonderful it felt to stroke someone's spirit. Secret places, folded carefully away, are opening to let the world back in, on a one to one, face to face level that has been absent since Jerry got ill.
I am picking myself up, step by step, watching the road ahead with interest. My life is so rich and I know this is just the beginning. Sometimes when I consider it all, dreams attained and the ones that remain in different stages of development, I am almost overwhelmed. Almost, but not quite. Reminding myself of how far I have traveled, and the cost of the trip, so far, quickly re-centers my bobbling confidence.
Thought control is vital to staying centered. The past is over, if something was learned from every misstep then something positive is left behind, paying a just rent for any agony suffered. Absence of thought just leaves a person traveling in a tight circle, reliving the same mistakes over and over. What is dwelled upon fuels our steps, so I use thoughts in the best way possible to get the most distance possible, down a road worth traveling.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE