Monday, April 04, 2005

Deserve A Monument

TODAY'S QUOTE:
After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one. Cato the Elder Roman orator & politician (234 BC - 149 BC)

Monuments come in all shapes and sizes, formed from an almost endless array of products, some man made, some God crafted. Not everyone has the opportunity to merit a bronze statue. Ordinary folks certainly do not entertain the thought of ever having one, but that fact should not stop anyone from trying to deserve one. Making a positive difference to even one person seems a monument of profound proportions. And we each have the same chance to do at least that.
Words and deeds are the only real building blocks we possess, used carefully even the most common human can utilize enough of them to leave a marker in the hearts and lives touched as we travel along. Words used by your fellowman to describe you can be monumental. I would much rather have friends and family call me kind, while I am alive, than have pigeon droppings littering a stone cast of my features a hundred years after I am dead and gone. That is the monument I want to deserve.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR AN AWESOME SITE
THANKS BUDDY FOR THE ADDY