Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Listen Soul Deep

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Patterning your life around other's opinions is nothing more than slavery.
Lawana Blackwell The Dowry of Miss Lydia Clark, 1999

I used to be a slave, so I understand the concept behind today's quote. Trying to be all things to everyone leaves nothing real inside. Voices overpower thought, the demands of others overshadow the needs of self, until who you were shrinks from starvation, and who you could be never has a chance in hell of being realized. Be a slave long enough, and self is all but invisible.
I did not stop listening to voices, or ignore the needs of those around me, when I had an awakening. I still listen, but I listen to myself first, last, and always. I have learned the hard way that all the answers, about what I need to be happy, are located inside myself. Silent contemplation only seems quiet, during moments of solitary listening self always speaks clearly. Profound truths, deeply buried rise to the surface, pointing the right way to go, if sufficient time is taken to listen soul deep.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE