Friday, April 29, 2005

Anger Makes Me Mad

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were. Cherie Carter-Scott, "If Love Is a Game, These Are the Rules"

Being forced into dealing with my own anger makes me mad, since I do all I can to avoid the need for it. The only thing that inspires my rage is a person who repeatedly insists on overstepping the line I draw between myself and unnecessary irritation. Negatives used, battling ram style, open no doors with me. I have no trouble standing my ground if forced into battle. But it is such senseless toil.
I never hold a grudge, although for sanity sake there are people I avoid, knowing the pattern that a relationship with them will demand. I never wish anyone ill, even if they wish me some. Anger just takes too much space and uses up too much energy not to drop it like a hot potato asap. But it is always best to combine reason with rage. Screwing up is much easier when high emotion has you by the brain--breathe. Half cocked guns often shoot the people holding the trigger--unclench. The exercise of spewing it all out covers you with a stench and leaves a bitter taste in runaway mouths--relax.
A gentle word might work just as well as any other to get their attention, most times it works much better. Debating in a respectful manner is more productive than trying to shove your opinion down someone else's throat or swallow theirs. We do not all come from the same location, experiences vary, so the fact that we have different slants on life is no big surprise. Point of view is a valuable consideration. Use it to your advantage.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE FOR A FLASH MOVIE
(THE ROAD TO TOMORROW)