Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them? Rose Kennedy, (1890 - 1995)
Exactly!! Storms happen as a natural phenomenon in nature and in lives. There is a strength that comes from living through what happens to you in life, but a special spine is forged from learning to let go of the storm, once it subsides, and fully experience the rainbow.
I am not a storm chaser, but I can proudly claim the title of storm facer. And most important of all, I am a dedicated rainbow embracer. I realized long ago that nothing is ever gained by hugging the bad times, soul-deep. Some humans get satisfaction from dissatisfaction, dishing it out on huge platters to all they encounter. Other's can never get enough trouble, borrowing it at every opportunity. What a waste!
Life takes a large enough toll on us, without offering donations. Pay the price asked, but get full value for the storm damage suffered by following natues example once the winds calm and the sun shines. Give homage to the rainbow. Listen to the birdsong. Take joy from life or life will take joy from you.
THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
BELOW IS AN EMAIL I GOT A FEW DAYS AGO TITLED
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
PLEASE ENJOY AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. " An idle mind is the devil's workshop," And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is God. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.