Friday, March 25, 2005

Snake Handling

TODAY'S QUOTE:
One should count each day a separate life.
Seneca Roman dramatist, philosopher, & politician (5 BC - 65 AD)

Happy Good Friday. I will not dwell on the quote today, because all who read here know that is my philosophy. I endlessly begin again with life, day by day, or moment by moment when necessary. Reading it over and over will not convince, but it may irritate. Not a big fan of being irritated here, so I try to keep a lid on doing it to anyone else. I always attempt to do unto others as I want them to do unto me. That does not guarantee anything, but it suits my soul, which is all I have complete control over.
Some people draw negative and enjoy its sting. I have no affinity for pain, although I know well the drill that must be played out to rid an ache from my heart. I would much rather be ignored altogether than receive negative attention of any sort. Touch me gently or leave me be is all I ask. Bully me and wake a sleeping snake that will not hesitate to put the fangs deep in self defense.
What is lived through tints everything, but overcoming lightens even the darkest corners of the trunk you carry through life. I roar when necessary to keep anyone from placing things there that I am not willing to carry. Tending that sacred place is a full time job, because all too often folks seek to lighten their load by dumping things on others. I will be the first to share a burden with someone who wants to rid themselves of things in a positive way, but I will never willingly drag someone else's burden around while they run away.
If you would not let someone come into your home and dump a bucket of snakes onto the floor before they cut and ran, reconsider letting them do the same inside your soul. And if you are a snake handler tend to what belongs to you. Assuming that someone else has the same love for snakes as you do could be dangerous.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE