Thursday, March 24, 2005

Sharing Fear

TODAY'S QUOTE:
For the most part, fear is nothing but an illusion. When you share it with someone else, it tends to disappear.
Marilyn C. Barrick

Sharing any burden lessens the weight of it upon your shoulders. Fear was a huge problem for me once upon a lifetime ago, but I learned the value of facing it and becoming its master. I did not stop feeling fear, I just refuse to let it stop me from doing what needs done to get where I seek to go.
Dee your comment was wonderful. I am so happy for you, I know what a struggle it can be to change habits of a lifetime. I feel as if we walked together for a time, side by side, sharing our burdens and traveling with you made the road much more pleasant. I needed comfort too remember. You are welcome to travel with me anytime. I don't make that offer lightly.
Annie thanks for the email that follows. I laughed until I cried. I hope others enjoy it as well. As a woman well over 40 I can relate to things said, and the fact that it was written by a man relieves me of all guilt about being considered a man basher. Andy Rooney is a delightful lunatic with a mind that sees things in a special way. I for one am glad he addressed this issue.

Women Over Forty
Andy Rooney - CBS 60 Minutes
As I grow in age, I value women who are over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over 40 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.
If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.
A woman over 40 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 40 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.
Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.
A woman over 40 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 40 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.
Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40. They always know.
A woman over 40 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens.
Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 40+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.
For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free." Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage . Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.
HOW TRUE IS THAT GIRLS?
THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE