Wednesday, May 17, 2006

True Math

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Everything you add to the truth subtracts from the truth.
Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Russian Novelist and Nobel Prize Winner

The truth altered or edited is not the truth at all. Hunks of facts spliced together with lame excuses and qualifiers are useless information and can be very damaging to those of us who arrange things according to what they believe to be the truth. Half truths hinder both the teller and the one who swallows it hook, line, and sinker.
Some people tell you what they wish was true, but even good intentions do not excuse the use of an untruth when reality is all that is needed. I never made anyone pay a price for telling me the truth, even if it was a truth I did not like. Better in life to face what is, bravely than swallow any old lie and build a life around it. I cannot understand the mentality that steals a persons life by making them live a lie.
I do not deal in fabrications. I have swallowed poison that I thought was wine, but I only acted upon what someone I trusted told me. Eventually all lies are revealed and eventually all liars will have to answer for their misdeeds. I do not judge them myself, but give it to God to sort out, I figure that way just punishment will be given without my having to waste time and energy on vengeance, since most times a lot of those things have already been spent upon a lost cause.
Stretching the truth produces a lie, white lies are still falsehoods and once trust is broken it takes a huge amount of time and effort to regain lost ground. Resisting the urge to add spice to the truth or placating someone who is only seeking the truth may be difficult at times. The alternative of having to suffer guilt or shame over pain caused by words we say is so much harder in the long run. Really thinking before speaking is the always the best defense.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT