Wednesday, May 31, 2006

TODAY'S QUOTE: Set me a task in which I can put something of my very self, and it is a task no longer; it is joy; it is art. Bliss Carman (1861-1929) Poet

This IS my joyous task and it always has been. I began for my own sake, but continue it for the sake of others. I think deeply, at some point every day, so I could gain almost as much for myself by being silent. I'm driven to write  by a voice that I silence by simply doing as it asks. My soul demands that I use my voice to say "you're not alone." Once upon a time I struggled by myself inside of a mighty vacuum and I can still hear the echo of my footsteps in that lonely place. I began journaling then so I wouldn't lose my way. I began blogging to help other's find theirs... and I've walked beside more than a few since my journey first began. It's been an honor and a privilege that's given my life a much deeper meaning.

My soul's demand quickly became my hearts desire, and that made me a better person in the process. It's made me hyper-mindful of our ability to add to or subtract from the lives of the people we touch. Our influence is often much deeper than we realize. The fact that I'm aware of that fact only intensifies my determination to use a gentle hand. Because I know the power of words to wound or soothe I aim mine at the wounded warriors in an attempt to soothe wherever possible. And in this way my own scar-tissue shrinks, and my own pain has a worthy purpose that makes some sense out of my past suffering at the hands of people in the name of love.

My life is made richer by the time I spend here, although not in wealth you can deposit in any bank. The riches come from friendships forged and comfort given that's returned to me in ways that make my soul rejoice. Each simple yet priceless treasure has value more dear than all the money ever minted. Daily reminders of a positive nature are needed so badly nowadays. I may write them, but I also read and benefit from them. I'd go batty at breakneck speed if I didn't start my days off gently. It takes a solid base to hold up under pressure, so I do my best to create something solid enough to help us all through the day.

Do I consider it art? Well, yes in its own way I suppose it is; at least I'd like to think of it in that fashion. Each soul has something of beauty to share with the world, and this is my slice of soul laid bare for public consumption. I pray that all portions served are satisfying... I thank you for being my honored guest... and I ask God's blessing for us all. He loves us no matter what and wants us to love each other in the same way. What a wonderful thing love is... it makes the world go around, but we seem to be off balance from the lack of it at the moment. Following the crowd was never one of my shortcomings, so believe me when I say, "I REALLY LOVE YOU, AND YOU'RE TRULY NOT ALONE!!!"

THINK ABOUT IT... LET IT RIDE... THEN YOU DECIDE!!!

© GLENDA ALEXANDER