Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Race

TODAY'S QUOTE:
The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.
Anonymous

Determination counts more than speed in this mad race that is life. Outside forces push and pull at us to conform, but it is the inner power that gets us to the finish line and dictates what shape we are in when we get there. Speed is not the deciding factor, it is perseverance that most often crowns the winner.
Racing madly is not really living, flying by things of great importance only causes us to miss seeing scenery that might benefit our understanding of ourselves and others. Enlightenment is the trophy for any well run race, even the slowest to cross the finish line can claim this prize.
The speedy and the greedy may reach there before I do. I stopped caring about most of the contests that either would enter, because their rules of fair play are so different from what I am comfortable with. In some areas I can run with the big dogs and others I do not care to even try. I get some enjoyment knowing that if they tried to outlast me on my home track they would not have a chance in hell of going the distance.
We each have our own laps, landscapes that only we know, miles that only we travel. Mine leads me many places, but wherever I go I carry Journey's End with me. It is a state of mind and a way of life that encompasses many things and countless people. The past echoes here, but does not control the future. This is my center and as long as I keep its diminutions within sight I am sure to finish the race a winner, no matter my speed of travel.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT