Friday, April 21, 2006

Rather Become

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value."
Albert Einstein

Value equates true worth; a man or woman who knows and shows their true worth is successful in ways having nothing to do with piles of money or tons of possessions. I would rather be valuable enough to be valued than successful enough to be wealthy. I would rather become a better person than a richer one.
I have seen clear and horrid examples of what greed does to a human being. I have had chances to follow in their footsteps, hell I have been invited to march beside two such men. The first I convinced to leave that path and stayed by his side. The second I left him to his greedy ways without trying to alter his idea of success. One thing both of them taught me quite clearly is that I cannot live in comfort in a house of greed.
Give me a mate with heart and I will not worry about what else they possess. A true measure of a man is not in what he owns or owes. Rich man, poor man is relative, whatever the greedy think to the contrary. A poor man with a true embrace is worth more to me than a ton of rich ones who only know how to hug dollars. If greed has to be a part of the mix, let him be greedy for my company and I will be greedy for his.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT