Thursday, April 27, 2006

Great Beautifiers

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks.
Charles Dickens, 1812-1870, British Novelist

Gravity gets us all, eventually. Why help it do its damage? A smile lifts the face up. A frown drags it down. Really, just think about it for a second and you will be forced to agree that forcing your profile downward cannot be considered a very intelligent thing to do. The sad spiral does not end there, a heavy spirit makes feet drag and spines curl and a hangdog expression is not the most inviting thing to show to the masses.
A young girl still lives inside of me, in times of happiness she has control of my body. She skips, she giggles, she hides the years and shines from sparkling eyes. When I am sad she hides and the years come to the surface for all to see. Nobody is as horrified by its appearance as I am. I invite her to dance in my shoes. I am determined to live my life looking through her eyes. I am happy in her presence and others are too.
The older one has been wounded by years of heartache. She is part of me, but not the most important part. Her name is Grace and she has seen a lot more than is healthy, but all along the way she shared space with a young girl named Hope. The two walked side-by-side through thick and thin. Whether limping through a valley, or soaring above the clouds they have traveled hand-in-hand.
Grace is the wise one, Hope is the prettier of the two. Struggle on girls, put your best feet forward, and turn a happy face to the world. Make gravity struggle for space. Life takes enough without either of you handing over what is not required. Smile girls, and fight the good fight. Show the world that there is more to life than just the right to survive, there is also the right to thrive. I have Faith that with Grace and Hope anything is possible.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON THE TITLE TO VISIT
SISTERHOOD SUPPORT