Thursday, March 09, 2006

Soul sadness

TODAY'S QUOTE:
A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ.
John Steinbeck, 1902-1968, American Writer and Nobel Prize Winner

I always get such a rush from finding a quote placed upon Journey's End calendar, at least a month in advance, ending up being in the perfect place at just the perfect time. I felt no such joy at discovering this one right in keeping with what is going on around me, but I will use it as best I can to touch as many hearts as possible.
For the ones who came here today looking for some special wisdom to ease an ache we share, I 'spect there will be some disappointment suffered at the lack of any real insight contained in these words. For all the readers without a clue of why a specific group of people are gathered here, read on and maybe get something positive out of the stumble through a place even I do not understand. But do not expect miracles from the sad soul at this keyboard.
There are countless reasons for soul sadness, and one of the worst is inspired by watching friends tear each other to shreds. It does not take much of that to convince any sane person that whatever the reason the cost is much too high. It is a special kind of ache to love members of opposing army's and quite impossible to imagine there being a real victor whichever side wins. Everyone loses as far as I can tell, and I have pondered this equation for much longer than I care to admit.
I stepped out of the line of fire with regret. Staying away until after the last shot is fired and echoes to silence will be difficult, but not nearly as hard as seeing friends destroy each other. My attempt at peacemaking failed so I am leaving them to the war they cannot seem to help fighting. Right now my prayers are for bad aims all around, more weapons than bullets, and larger hearts than egos.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE