Monday, March 06, 2006

A Single Man's Vision

TODAY'S QUOTE:
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I have had occasion to watch this at work on a smaller than cathedral level. I listened to a man, holding a turtle shell caked with dirt tell of the things he was going to make with what I could only view as trash. When he was talking his eyes were lit with an almost magical light that said he was envisioning those things as he gazed at what he viewed as treasure.
That was many years ago, but I remember the way the air popped and crackled with energy produced by his recounting of his vision. He made the things he spoke of, transforming a dirty turtle shell with craftsman hands using blue prints only he could see. I never forgot that lesson and have had many occasions to flash upon it when I noticed that same passion in someone else.
Then once upon a time I looked at a pile of empty paper and inside my brain burned things that needed said. It led to use of a computer, which led to an empty website. I hooked my vision to someone else's and a home was erected. I believe each of us has such a vision center inside of us. What triggers its use varies, and the fact that it does not surface in some people is the depth of thought possible inside the life they live.
Look around carefully and you just might find your pile of cathedral stones. And follow any blueprints stamped on your brain without fear and create a vision. There is simply nothing quite like it.
The link below is to a new flash movie I found in my email this morning. I loved it upon site and put it here as a perfect example of what I have been talking about. Words written by a source unknown sparked the vision of a stranger. The world is a gentler place because of two minds meeting at that sacred space. Enjoy it, I certainly did.
http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/train-life.php

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE