Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Joy Of The Climb

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
Sir Winston Churchill

I believe this whole heartedly, which may seem odd since I envisioned a website and helped in its construction then named it Journey's End. The site itself is a perfect example of the ever lengthening, ascending, and improving path that the quote speaks of, finding it was my Journey's End. Traveling it is a constant series of new beginnings, each rooted in the conviction that we each have a life path and a rebirth just waiting for discovery.
I love the fact that it is a journey without end. I cannot envision what I would do if I reached a stopping point. The finding of my rightful place makes sense of all the clutter and soothes every agony, living without it would be a half life at best. Nothing could top it and a life spent wandering around searching for something even remotely similar is too depressing to contemplate.
The discovery of this lifepath was my salvation. Brutal years proceeded the time I first placed my feet so firmly here. Abuse, hopelessness, murder, suicide, cancer, and widowhood all played their separate roles in directing me here. My life is far from carefree nowadays, but my ability to adjust to reality and overcome obstacles is equal to every task it is given. Not in a perfect fashion; imperfection is a universal human trait, but after all I have been through any trial for the sake of this journey seems worthwhile.
I stepped on this road for my sake but I follow it for yours. Find your path then journey on with confidence that equals its purpose. Balance, symmetry, and peace come from inside then travel out from their place of origin. Give back more than you take away and everyone wins.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE