Friday, February 10, 2006

Your Own Philadelphia

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"Let every man or woman here, if you never hear me again, remember this, that if you wish to be great at all, you must begin where you are and with what you are. He who would be great anywhere must first be great in his own Philadelphia."
Russel H. Conwell

To be all you can be first you have to possess the three feet in which you stand. I have been guilty of handing control over to others and they always make a mess of things. I imagined that those days were over for good, yet I recognize the trait inside of me that longs to lean and let someone else drive for awhile.
Taking back space is easier once it has been reclaimed the first time. The real trick is avoiding the situation altogether. I am lucky that my soul never feels satisfied for long in leaving the driving to others. What it took me 40 yrs to earn is much to precious to simply pass into anyone else's hands. I often need a navigator on things beyond my understanding, but my hands need to stay on the wheel.
Not many people in the area I live in even know about Journey's End, but that condition is about to end. In a real way I am facing my own Philadelphia. I do not seek greatness for myself, but the worth of this space deserves its chance to help as many as possible. Hiding its light under a bucket makes no sense.
This would have happened long ago if I had not been without a webmaster for so long. I was down to the wire then help appeared, instantly changing a dead end into a limitless sky. Life is almost magical sometimes, and I take much comfort that even when my faith in myself waffled my belief in this site never wavered. And it never will. I have fought hard to get this far and I assure you I would have given up long ago if it were for my sake alone.
What do you dream of doing or being? What is your Philadelphia? Will you know it when you see it? Will its fancy side intimidate? Will its seedy side horrify? Will you find your footing there and travel on past its boundaries? My hope is that you will own your space with confidence wherever your feet rest and your dreams will soar to heights never imagined. I hope the same for Journey's End.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE