Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Hunger

TODAY'S QUOTE:
"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge of all around us, and the more we gain, the more is our desire; the more we see, the more we are capable of seeing."
Maria Mitchell

The brain is naturally greedy, but if its needs are ignored it can starve to near death and the quality of life becomes little more than automated movements. I know this first hand because I used to be on zombie mode. I was taken there against my will, yet the fact that I remained for so long cannot be placed at any door other than my own. Self-awareness showed me the exit finally and I struggled through it the best I was able. And I have been playing catch up ever since.
Walking free again jump started my bean and its been humming along ever since. The more I learned about what motivated my actions the more I wondered what motivated other's. The more knowledge I gained the more I needed. Understanding one thing always led to something unknown and uncharted so I became a map maker by default.
I did not know how to surf the web when I became a widow, in all honesty I barely knew how to turn the computer on. Now I have a site or two and although I am still clueless about most technical matters, I am able to do all my tasks here with confidence. Learning ways to be independent here will never stop.
Self study continues; change is constant so there is always more to absorb. The more insight I can gather the more in sight my goals become. Our point of view alters as we grow and travel. Tunnel vision is not possible when any subject is examined fully, taking into consideration every clue that can be ferreted out.
Feed your mind about subjects that catch your fancy as if you are at an all you can eat buffet. Avoid the urge to not think or question; it may seem less dangerous to avoid knowledge, but it is the quickest way to accepting a one way ticket to Zombieville. And take it from someone who knows from personal experience that is not a place worth even a short visit, living there full time is no life at all.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE