Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Mad Ones

TODAY'S QUOTE:
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"
Jack Kerouac (1922-1969)

I often feel electric, popping and crackling with such joy at the mere fact that I am me. I hunger for more, while basking in what is my reality each day. I read for understanding and connect for clarity, always eager to know the why of things, never satisfied with the surface of anything I touch.
Some might call me mad, I have been known to say so from time to time myself. But if this is madness I mind not much at all to suffer from it. I see sane ones who complain constantly about boredom, which is a condition I have never had the displeasure of feeling. A seeker never tires of searching. A wise one realizes just how little they know and is ever hungry to learn. And one who was half alive for so long is ever reaching to catch up, which leaves no time for boredom.
Be a bit mad from time to time. Let life empower you with a joy that comes from the miracle of being a member of the human race. Hunger to know. Thirst for understanding of self and your special location in the cosmos. Get as much out of your time here as possible. Leave regret behind and learn all you can from even the worst of experiences. Live, for real, or die trying. To me that is the only path available.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE