Saturday, October 29, 2005

Cheap Pleasures

TODAY'S QUOTE:
That man is the richest whose pleasures are cheapest.
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

This quote fits me, which is a good thing in my eyes. I feel blessed to have earned this quality by having so little to choose from in the way of enjoyment. I could have looked only at the things I could not do and ached with bitterness at my misfortune. But instead I held what I could get close enough to block out anything negative that would steal my joy. Simple things thrill me.
Everything has a magical flavor when you think about it. Life itself is a miracle. Sunshine can caress a soul. Music can make it fly. A kiss can soothe any ache. A friend is a glorious treasure. Irony is cheap entertainment. Laughter is the best medicine. Time heals all wounds, if you let it. Silence is golden. Kindness is worth the effort, even when its makes you struggle.
Love makes the world go round. Loving who you are makes it rotate faster, without that bothersome wobble. The sky is only the limit if that is all the higher you can dream. No matter who you are today, you can be whoever you choose tomorrow. A smile is a gift of joy passed to someone else which when returned brightens even the darkest place. Being rich in small pleasures is pure delight, everything else is simply gravy. And who wants to eat a full meal on only the gravy?

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE