Monday, September 12, 2005

A No Vacancy Kind Of Brain / Click To Donate

TODAY'S QUOTE:
If you leave the smallest corner of your head vacant for a moment, other people's opinions will rush in from all quarters.
George Bernard Shaw

The temptation to adopt random opinions as my own died years ago, when I unpacked the trunk that overflowed with so much dead weight. I have come to know well that it is hard enough to carry, with comfort, the things I believe without taking on the added burden of someone else's baggage. I say with all honesty that until I cleaned house I really had no idea what my real opinions were. And parroting someone else's never earns love or respect, no matter how much you wish it would. A yes man is as easily manipulated as a kite in the breeze, constantly shifting to suit the wind. The one holding the string has all the power.
I spent years trying to mold myself from a pattern cut by other hands, and all it got me was the grief of never feeling good enough to deserve love. I never pleased until I stopped trying to placate and merit what can never be gotten by those means. I stood up and found myself suddenly alone in virgin territory, of an almost silent mind, but it did not stay silent for long and has not been empty since. Nowadays, I have an opinion about everything, sometimes profound, sometimes not, but always simply my very own.

THINK ABOUT IT
LET IT GROW
THEN DECIDE
CLICK ON TITLE TO DONATE
CLICK ON LINK FOR NEWS
http://www.deadlykatrina.com/

CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR REUNITING WITH LOST
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3342298